The Importance of Forests
It's really important to protect the health of the forest. This is important for the whole earth.
The forest is the world's lungs
- They provide the world with oxygen.
- They store carbon dioxide.
- They are gas exchangers.
- They are the way we get fresh air.
The forest is the world's heart
- They are the way we smile at each other.
- We exchange inspiration.
- They provide us with ideas for stories.
- They help lift us with their beauty.
- They trust we will do the right thing - that we (humans) will love each other.
Trees are the world's roots
- They are there to track our history.
- They are there throughout a long time period.
- They are wise family members.
- They are a long history of tales.
- They know and see more than we do.
- They are special friends that are there for us.
Protect Our Water
We can help by:
- Naturalizing paved areas
- Harvesting rain water
- Growing green roofs
- Using permeable paving materials