Monday 28 November 2011

Celebrating Differences

I think I have good people in my life.
Everyone is so different but I need them all.
Thank you for being different.

Different people in my life
(19 Nov 2011)
It takes different things
to make the world work.
I need different people in my life
to make me work like I need to.
That doesn’t mean
that they make me work
or they work for me.
It means I need different people in my life.

I have people who are strong and bold:
they are like pillars
in the bridge of my life.
I have people who are gentle
and kind with a soft heart to
give me encouragement to try:
they are the bricks
in the bridge of my life.
I have people in my life
who are there when I need them—
dependable, respectable, kind people
who respond when I need their help.

People have opinions of
who I am and who I should be.
But the people in my life who matter
are people who give me
the chance to be me.

I need to be encouraged
and given the motivation
to use my determination
but I also need to be given
time and patience to make
a change or mistake.

The people in my life help me
overcome the things in life
that could leave me in the water.
I don’t like to just swim.
I like to walk over the bridge.
I need each of these
unique and wonderful people.
The bricks and the pillars
build the strength of my bridge
to pass over when I need it.

I need different people in my life.
I am me because each person
allows me to be me.
The different people in my life
make me wholly me.

1 comment:

  1. I Love your poem!!! i'd like to invite you to a blogsite of my own which I started more than a year ago -
    www.celebratingdifferences.org
    -Jim.

    ReplyDelete