Wednesday 2 March 2016

Getting ready to visit an Art Gallery

Some news about my love of art

My mind is full of images, colours and shapes.
I see words in my mind too.
I love to see art objects and paintings.
I never thought I could make art myself.

But thanks to my art mentor and collaborator Heidi,
I now choose colours and brush paint on to paper or canvas.
I like first to express the idea of a painting in words as a poem.
Then Heidi and I try out the colours and shapes.

I have watched videos about art and how to look at paintings.
Now I am getting brave enough to actually visit galleries.
Most surprising--other people like my art
and I have been invited to hang my canvases in art festivals
like the Eden Mills Arts Festival in 2016. See:
http://www.edenmillsartsfestival.com/andrew-bloomfield.html

I cannot speak with my voice
but I have lots to say.
So I express myself in words and images as poetry
and with paint and shapes as art. 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Andrew,

    I'm glad to hear you're getting ready to visit an art gallery! I really enjoyed browsing through your paintings on the Eden Mills Art Gallery website. I particularly like your piece called River Art.

    Take care!

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sarah, I am glad you enjoyed my art and that I have the opportunity for its display.

    I may do a post about my art gallery experience in the future.

    ReplyDelete