Monday 1 May 2017

My Artist Profile-Eden Mills Festival



“My words are a painting and my paintings show my words in colour and form.”

As I cannot speak with my voice, I use computers to express my thoughts and feelings in prose and poetry. I have been painting seriously since 2009, usually with acrylics on canvas.

First I compose my thoughts and images in poetry. Then my art mentor Heidi and I collaborate to choose and combine the colours, forms and textures for a painting. Heidi stabilizes my painting arm and supports me to show what is in my mind. I wish there could be another way of stabilizing my body so I could paint what is in my mind all by myself.

My Horse and Man painting combines my sensitivity to Max the horse with my passion to “speak up” for our rights to express ourselves and make our own decisions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment